Friday, July 22, 2011

Please Read: Valerie Strauss

This is another post in a series that I wish to call Please Read. My purpose here is to randomly and inconsistently provide a handful of links on a certain topic that should be read.

I honestly don't know what I would do without Valerie Strauss's blog The Answer Sheet. I know no other journalist in the popular press that shows such a heightened understanding for how children learn. I am over-the-top impressed with both her posts and the brilliant guest posts she publishes in the name of real learning, good teaching, authentic assessment and progressive education. Thank you, Valerie Strauss!

In this past week, she has featured a number of must read posts:





2 comments:

  1. I was shocked when she asked to publish my "10 Reasons Standardized Testing Sucks." I wrote off popular journalists a long time ago and here she was advocating for the very points that we advocate for.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been reading Valerie's work for a long time. Thanks for sharing how good she is with your audience.

    ReplyDelete