Tuesday, August 27, 2013

I want to improve public education -- not destroy it

While I am a staunch supporter of Public Education, I am very aware of the problems that plague traditional schooling. 

For too many students, school has them feeling less captivated and more just like captives. To be crystal clear, I want to improve public education -- not destroy it. I fight against the privatization of public education almost as hard as I fight to improve public education

Like democracy, public education is reserved only for those who fight for it.The fate of our democracy is married to the fate of public education. 

These distinctions are critically important -- I don't want my criticisms for school to come across like I don't like public education -- I likely spend more time thinking about how to improve public school than many others.

No comments:

Post a Comment