Friday, July 29, 2011

My Reform Symposium 3 presentation is today

My session at Reform Symposium 3 starts at 2:00 pm Mountain Standard Time today. You can join the presentation by clicking on this link:

https://sas.elluminate.com/m.jnlp?sid=2008350&password=M.B0B7A645761FA724E0249B17218A3F


During my Reform Symposium presentation titled You say you want this, so then why are you doing that? I will refer to a number of different topics. Because my presentation is a mere 30 minutes, I could do no more than provide a humble taste of much larger ideas.

Here is a list of links you may find helpful in quenching your thirst for more:


Alfie Kohn
Cognitive Dissonance
Self-justification
A fish cannot imagine the absence of water, so he cannot consider its absence
Finding what we look for
Standardization
Pedagogy of the Oppressed
Mindless Math Mimicry
Multiple Choice
Punishment
Zero tolerance
Honor Rolls
Cheating
Homework
Grading
Competition
Praise
Schools Our Children Deserve
Enslaved by an idea


Bower
View more presentations from bowerjj

1 comment: