Thursday, February 17, 2011

Schools aren't failing- they're obsolete

In The Global Achievement Gap: Why Even Our Best Schools Don’t Teach The New Survival Skills Our Children Need – and What We Can Do About It,  Tony Wagner argues that “in today’s competitive global ‘knowledge economy,’ all students need new skills for college, careers, and citizenship. The failure to give all students these new skills leaves today’s youth – and our country – at an alarming competitive disadvantage. Schools haven’t changed; the world has. And so our schools are not failing. Rather, they are obsolete – even the
ones that score best on standardized tests. This is a very different problem requiring an altogether different solution.”

A Guide to Becoming a School of the Future

4 comments:

  1. Please switch to Wordpress. Blogger is garbage and makes your site harder to interact with.

    And the new theme is hard on the eyes...the text is very cramped.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kevin, can you be a little more specific? Maybe send me a screenshot so I can see from you perspective what is going on.

    Thanks for the feedback.

    Joe

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry, I messed up. What I intended to say is that I also love the Blogger platform, whatever the WP users have to say. To me your template is clean and I like as it is. It loads quickly and so far, I haven't found any glitches.

    ReplyDelete